Motivation.

Anyone who has ever grown out their hair understands the frustration. Especially if your hair has been pixie short for the better part of a decade, and up off your shoulders nearly two. The up-side is that my hair grows quickly, so the growing out process won't take a painful amount of time. The down-side is that my hair grows quickly, so it gets ridiculously shaggy between trim-and-reshape appointments.

I've noticed that my feelings on my hair during this process are cyclical. I have several tolerable days in a row, followed by a day or two of awful, and just when I have a good mind to call my stylist and scrap the whole plan, I have a great hair day. Lather, rise, repeat. (Ha. A hair-related joke. I am so clever.)

And so, every morning, when I break out my blow dryer and my hair wax and my hair spray and my brushes (I have had no use for a hairbrush in at least a dozen years and now I need two OMG), I also pull out the page I printed out. I lay it on the bathroom counter as I dry and finger style and fuss with my locks. Partially because this style is new, so I need the visual assistance in conquering this new style (or a modification of it, at this point, anyway)...and partially because I need the motivation of seeing "the prize," so I don't take a pair of scissors to my head in a fit of madness.



It better be worth this.

P.S. The upper right is the plan for the wedding. That's my other motivation.
You have just read the article entitled Motivation.. Please read the article from The Confessionals TV About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://theconfessionalstv.blogspot.com/2012/01/motivation.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Confessionals TV