Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: December 2011


A photo of me:


1) Candle scents this month:
Hollyberry. Cranberry. Autumn Fields. Hot Apple Pie. Mistletoe. Hazelnut Coffee. Mountain Berry. Christmas Cookie. Christmas Cupcake. Christmas Rose (tried this one but it smelled more subtle until I lit it; we last about ten minutes until I had to blow it out & toss it--something that happens only rarely, but makes me glad I only buy votives unless I *know* it's a scent I really love). Be Jolly. Deck the Halls.

2) What I am reading this month:
I finished "Atlas Shrugged" (Ayn Rand) -- finally!! -- and started "Love in the Time of Cholera" (Gabriel Garcia Marquez).

3) Top three songs I was drawn to:
"A Baby Changes Everything," Faith Hill. "A Cradle In Bethlehem," Vince Gill. "O Little Town of Bethlehem," Sarah McLachlan.

4) Movies I saw:
Santa Clause 2 - nothing special, but it was on in the background while we trimmed the tree. Elf. Holiday Inn. Home Alone. A Christmas Carol (George C Scott). Disney's A Christmas Carol (the full-length animated one, not the short Mickey one). The Polar Express. A Christmas Story. The Nativity Story. It's a Wonderful Life. True Grit. And the standard Christmas shows: "A Charlie Brown Christmas," "Dr Suess' How the Grinch Stole Christmas," and "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."

5) Favorite tv moments of the month:
The one that stands out most in my mind is Sore Loser: Parenthood (season 3, episode 9). That was, without a doubt, such believable acting that I actually forgot that it was acting at all. Dark Was the Night: Grey's Anatomy (season 8, episode 9) was very intense, even beyond an "action" level. I mean, there was plenty of intensity from the action but the *emotional* intensity blew even that away. And This Is the Way the World Ends: Dexter (season 6, episode 12) packed one *heck* of a cliffhanger punch!

6) Something yummy I made:
My Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Sandwich No-Bake Cookies absolutely blew. my. mind. It just doesn't make sense that something that simple should be *that* tasty.

7) Restaurants where I ate:
Columbia Harbour House (Magic Kingdom). Via Napoli (Italy pavilion - EPCOT). Panera.

8) Five things I am loving this month:
1. Google Chrome and the fact that I can sync it up between computers so all my bookmarks are available to me no matter where I use the Chrome browser! 2. Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich No-Bake Cookies - seriously, someone needs to take these away from me before I weigh a million pounds. 3. The way the lights on the Christmas tree reflect on the silver garland I have hanging around the window. 4. Feeling extremely small and insignificant while standing underneath a sequoia. 5. The outstanding customer service I received from United Airlines when my flight back from California proved to be a bit...challenging.

9) A goal I had for this month:
To finish Atlas Shrugged - successful!

10) This month I looked forward to:
Ten days off from work.

11) Something that made me cry this month:
Christmas music. There was something about my Christmas playlist on my iPod that made the words catch in my throat as I sang them. Perhaps it was that I wasn't just singing along with words that are familiar, some for as long as I can remember, but that I really soaked in what they were saying. It was not an uncommon sight to see me driving with damp eyes.

12) A photo I took this month:

This is a grove of sequoias, on the Congress Trail, in Sequoia National Forest, called "The Senate." Not that the photo possibly does their enormity justice...
You have just read the article entitled Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: December 2011. Please read the article from The Confessionals TV About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://theconfessionalstv.blogspot.com/2012/01/snapshot-from-along-broken-road.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Confessionals TV