This Week on My TV: January 4, 2014

Disclaimer: Some shows I watch live and with others, I tend to be fairly behind on my tv watching. Even so, consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead. All I can do is lead in with the show and episode. You read at your own risk!



**(Grey's Anatomy, S10E11 "Man on the Moon") Eww, Cristina and Shane. More bed-hopping. -- Wow. April's sisters. -- The Bailey/OCD/being trailed by a psychiatrist thing? Annoying story line. -- Mer: Progress looks like a bunch of failures. ... If that doesn't show how far Mer's come since season one, nothing does. -- Not sure what to make of that Cristina-and-Shane victory dance. -- Because of course Alex was going to have to save Jo from his detoxing father. -- The scene where the paralyzed patient finally was able to move the robotic hand in Derek's study made me cry. It's been a long time since Grey's moved me to tears.

**(Grey's Anatomy, S10E12 "Get Up, Stand Up") I really hate what Mer and Cristina are becoming. It makes me sad. Maybe because it's hitting me a little too personally. -- When do I get to reach through my television and smack Leah? -- Shane *is* baby Cristina. Yikes. -- Oh man. What is that phone call going to mean for Derek? The President of the United States? -- That version of "Total Eclipse of the Heart" was haunting. -- Holy crap. Jackson. Professing his love. To April. In the middle of her wedding. And it ends on a gasp from April??? Aaaaahhhhhh!!!

**(Parenthood, S5E6 "The M Word") I could not campaign for someone, no matter how much I loved them. All that interaction and confrontation and rejection gives me hives just thinking about it. -- Amber and Sarah arguments are among the most believable on television. -- I'm all for male-female friendship, but Julia, you are treading a fine line right now. -- Crosby is so predictable. Something nudges him further into adulthood and he has to regress before he can move forward. -- Something about Kristina's campaign manager reminds me of the character Jennifer Hudson played in the first "Sex and the City" movie, Carrie's personal assistant, Louise from St Louis. -- And tears at minute fifty as Kristina connects with a mother of a special needs student during the mayoral candidate debate.

**(Dexter, S8E6 "A Little Reflection") I didn't think it was possible for scenes with Masuka to be any more weird. And then he hugged Deb. Without being a perv. -- That was a pretty cool shot, looking up through the puzzle that Dexter and Harrison are building. -- Funny watching Dexter's date ask what he does for fun on his boat. If you only knew, lady! -- What game is Dr Vogel playing? There has to be more to her story. Could *she* be a psychopath?? -- Deb has looked so scrubby for so long, I forgot she could clean up well. Even if she walks like a man. -- Hannah???

**(Dexter, S8E7 "Dress Code") What is Hannah's goal here? Head games? Toying with Dexter and Deb, like a cat with mice before the kill? -- Dexter is juggling a lot of balls at once: Deb's recovery. Work. Fatherhood. Dr Vogel. Hannah. Zach. Which one is he going to drop? -- It is certainly karmic humor that Masuka's daughter is working at a topless "sports" bar. Even more amusing: how uncomfortable he actually was. But how was it not awkward for *her*?? -- So Hannah killed her husband and Zach killed Cassie and the tangled webs just keep twisting around themselves.

**(The Big Bang Theory, S7E12 "The Hesitation Ramification") The best part about Sheldon not being funny, but thinking he's hilarious, is that he actually is. -- Poor Penny. I can't believe they cut her scene. -- Amy: Do you know how hard it is to laugh at a knock-knock joke that starts 'knock-knock-knock-Amy, knock-knock-knock-Amy, knock-knock-knock-Amy?" -- Leonard and I had the exact same reaction when Penny proposed to him: What...? -- So, are Penny and Leonard going to make up and stay together or is this it for them?

**(Top Chef, S11E12 "Mississippi Mud Bugs") I'm ready for Nina to pack her knives. -- Yikes. A shellfish allergy and a crawfish Quick Fire? Sounds like a recipe for disaster for Stephanie. -- When Nick was cleaning his knife after Carlos borrowed it and left fish drying on it, it looked like he was contemplating a little stabbiness! I am getting a little sick of the sniping between Carlos and Nick, though. -- Yay! A win for Stephanie! We thought it would be Brian. -- Oh-fer-two this episode: we thought it would be Carlos leaving, but it was Carrie. Not that I'm sad about that. -- Louis still going strong in Last Chance Kitchen!

**(Dexter, S8E8 "Are We There Yet?") Not sure how I feel yet about the connection between Hannah and Dexter. Or if I entirely trust that she feels what she claims to feel. -- I know it's Miami and all, but I don't think most guys could pull off a watermelon pink shirt quite as successfully as Dexter. -- Zach (about Hannah): Dude. Dexter: Do *not* 'dude' me. -- That whole scene in the hotel room in the Keys, between Deb, Dexter, Hannah and Zach made me laugh out loud, it was so ridiculous. -- Deb: I don't want to know anything else, EVER. -- Ok, so it's looking like maybe Zach didn't kill Caddie. Someone is setting Zach up for Cassie's murder though. But who? -- Dr Vogel's invitation to dinner when she saw Hannah waiting in the car was...weird. And the longer dinner went, the more I wonder what it *was*, that "old family recipe," especially when Dr Vogel wouldn't answer Hannah's question about how she got interested in her field to begin with. -- Does Hannah ever wear a bra? -- O. M. G. Zach. Dead. In Dexter's apartment. WITH A GIANT CROSS SECTION MISSING FROM HIS HEAD. And cut to Dr Vogel's house with the brain sample in a jar. Holy crap. Holy crap. What is going *on*??

**(Dexter, S8E9 "Make Your Own Kind of Music") So it wasn't Vogel who killed Zach. (I'll admit I thought it was for more than a minute.) It was her supposedly-dead psychopathic son, who faked his own death as a teen in a mental institution in England and is now trying to reconnect with her?! -- The scene where Deb starts laughing because she can't believe she's eating a dinner Hannah cooked was pretty priceless. -- I totally called it: Vogel's son was already in the house with her when Dexter came back to check on her. Somehow, I don't imagine this ending well for her. Or potentially Dexter, who blabbed to her about his plan to leave Miami with Hannah and Harrison.
You have just read the article entitled This Week on My TV: January 4, 2014. Please read the article from The Confessionals TV About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://theconfessionalstv.blogspot.com/2014/01/this-week-on-my-tv-january-4-2014.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Confessionals TV