Saturdays Are for Weddings: 23 Weeks

I was so excited when September 30 fell on a Friday in 2011...until I remembered that 2012 had a Leap Year, causing September 30 to jump over Saturday to Sunday.

Why the fascination with September 30?

My beloved Gram and Gramp were married on September 30, 1940. I thought I would get the opportunity to honor these two amazing people, who were a model marriage from which to learn, by making my own vows 72 years later. Alas (aside: the word 'alas' does not get used nearly enough!), the calendar would not cooperate, and due to the fact that nearly all our guests will be traveling to attend, one day shy of September 30 will have to do.

I only wish my Gram and Gramp were still here to share in this day. Instead, I will feel them in my heart and know they are looking down on me, and I will find small ways to weave small tributes to their memories into this day.
You have just read the article entitled Saturdays Are for Weddings: 23 Weeks. Please read the article from The Confessionals TV About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://theconfessionalstv.blogspot.com/2012/04/saturdays-are-for-weddings-23-weeks.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. The Confessionals TV